Practical Examination Tips on The Day of The Exam
- Arrive in plenty of time, avoid last minute panic, and be calm and positive.
- Do not forget your instrument and your original music sheets.
- Make sure with the help of your teacher that your instrument is tuned.
- A smile will help you relax, get yourself comfortable and settle before you begin.
- A Pianist can ask to try the piano first as a warm up, try a scale or a section of the piece first.
- Be sure to tell the examiner what you are going to play.
- Try to keep going in the exam even if you make a slight mistake – it is not disastrous.
- Take a few seconds to scan the sight-reading piece before starting to play.
- Speak clearly and confidently when answering questions. The examiner wants you to do well.